- Tuesday, April 19, 2016
The state's special account that funds projects to maintain and improve New Jersey's highways, bridges and mass transit will run out of money this July, and many observers are startled by how little progress appears to have been made toward a solution - such as an increase in the per-gallon gas tax to generate new revenue.
- Wednesday, March 30, 2016
A proposal in the Legislature to constitutionally require the state to make payments into its massively underfunded public employee pension fund would only deepen New Jersey’s fiscal problems, warned Thomas J. Healey, who coordinates the work of New Jersey’s bi-partisan Pension and Benefits Study Commission.
NJ Treasurer to Business Leaders: Transportation Funding Question Will be Answered in 'Coming Months'
- Wednesday, March 9, 2016
The state's impending transportation funding crisis can be solved in the next few months, and the Christie Administration will lead a push for the outright elimination of the New Jersey estate tax during its last two years in office.
These assertions were made by newly appointed Acting State Treasurer Ford M. Scudder, during an address to business leaders March 9 at a breakfast in East Windsor sponsored jointly by the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce and the New Jersey Business & Industry Association.
- Thursday, February 25, 2016
The 79th Annual Walk to Washington and Congressional Dinner on Feb. 25 and 26, 2016 brought to Washington a who's who of New Jersey business and government leaders. More than 900 boarded the Chamber's chartered Amtrak train, including state legislators, CEOs, small business owners, entrepreneurs, and nonprofit leaders, who walked the aisles chatting and exchanging business cards.
- Friday, February 19, 2016
The coalition members who sponsored the New Jersey Business Summit in September announced today the formation of a grassroots organization called Opportunity New Jersey whose mission is to increase awareness of the impact that policies and legislative action will have on the state’s economy and job growth for New Jersey citizens.
- Baker Tilly - NJ Chamber Survey: Concern About Obamacare Wanes Among NJ Employers
- Power Players
- Business Summit Offers Recommendations for a Stronger New Jersey
- The New Jersey Business Summit is Getting Heavy Media Attention
- Business and Political Leaders to Meet in Atlantic City for Unprecedented Business Summit
- Baker Tilly - N.J. Chamber Spring Survey: State's High Cost is Impeding Economic Recovery
- Donna Custard Named President of the N.J. Chamber Foundation
- The N.J. Chamber's 2nd Innovation Gala Will Feature "Buzz" Aldrin, Michio Kaku and Shirley Ann Jackson
- Business Leaders Take to the State House to Warn that Tax Hikes Would Damage Economy and Job Growth
- Amy Mansue, Head of Children's Specialized Hospital, is New Chair of the N.J. Chamber of Commerce
- Hundreds of New Jersey Chamber Members Gather at the State Museum for our 'Open House'
- Grier, Prudential Financial Vice Chairman, Supports PARCC Exams: ‘We Must Be Clear About Standards and Expectations’
Helping build a strong workforce
The New Jersey Chamber of Commerce Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to maintaining and improving New Jersey’s high-quality workforce. Finding strong employees, after all, is critical to all employers in the Garden State, and employee preparation is critical in a global economy in which most jobs require special training or college diplomas. Click here for more about the NJ Chamber Foundation.